Health & Safety Consulting
Pajak Engineering Ltd. consultants provide customized HSE solutions specifically tailored to meet the needs of your organization.
The goal of our HSE consultants is to aid your organization by:
- Reducing costs and risk
- Improving health and safety
- Integrating Safety Management systems
- Assisting you in meeting your safety targets and goals
- Providing current information and recommending methods for continuous improvement
- Transferring our knowledge and expertise to you
- Assisting you to create and implement manuals, instructions and monitoring results
- Providing industry certified auditors.
Unlike the traditional “canned programs” and auditing, our safety consultants strive to develop practical results and the step-by-step assistance you need.
Safety Auditing Services
Many different methods have been used through the years to measure safety. These measurements have included frequency and severity rates of worker injury and death.
Previous Measurement Techniques
The measurement techniques used in the past have had one thing in common - they have been reactive and oriented to consequences of program management rather than being predictive and before-the-loss. Measurements are needed that will enable managers to identify specific deficiencies that can be corrected or controlled before accidents and losses occur.
Reliable Guides to Safety Performance
A need exists for more accurate measurement so that a better assessment can be made of efforts to control foreseeable risks. It is suggested that more meaningful information would be obtained from systematic inspection and auditing of physical safeguards, systems of work, rules and procedures and training methods than on data about accident experience alone.
Benefits of a Comprehensive Safety Audit
- It provides a precise evaluation of safety performance for the organization.
- It provides a means for appraising individual and safety performance.
- It provides a guide for implementation of a safety management system.
- It provides a practical, ongoing means for identifying the majority of safety and health exposures facing the organization
- It provides a strong indicator to employees that management cares about them.
- It provides general communication, knowledge and skills important to efficient overall management.
- It provides a capability to forecast the potential for loss.
- It reduces costs of accidents and other losses by eliminating general management inefficiencies.
- Key issues to be addressed in any Safety Audit conducted by Pajak Engineering Certified Auditors.
- Identification of potential hazards or risk that could result in:
- Injury or loss of life,
- Significant environmental damage,
- Significant company liability, loss of income or production.
- Identification of any significant inadequacies or deviations from established industry or company policy and standard.
- It is most important to stress that the exercise is one of assistance and not intended to single out individuals to lay blame.